Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

May 21, 2014

Fix My Roads So They Are NOT The Worst In The Country

Apparently some people will argue wheather the roads are worse here in Michigan, than in Ohio or anywhere else.  Really.

The other day I was reading an article (I'm old enough to sometimes call what I read on the web an "article", so there) about the Michigan Senate finally using the B word as in a Billion plus Dollars when discussing a bill on funding road repairs and improvement.  It was the same day that the poll you may have heard about came out saying the majority of people in Michigan would pay more money each month to get the roads fixed.

One of the comments on the article said that a legislator was claiming that Michigan has "the country's worst roads", and that the statement was a deliberate distortion. Then there was a reply to that comment saying 'there are multiple reports that indicate that Michigan's infrastructure is one of the worst in the country' Another commentor said 'last month our visitors from GA described our local roads as "positively lunar" '.  Got'a love it.

I guess my take on that little back and forth is 'Well, here is where I live and here is where I drive Most of the time. 'Fix my roads'.  Selfish huh ? 

My daughter and son-in-law have a new car with custom wheels and not six months after they brought it home BANG two wheels and two tires shot !   That didn't happen in Ohio or Florida or any other state.  It happened in Michigan.  Fix my Roads. Dosen't matter if they win any awards for Worst or whatever. Fix my Roads.

Drive Carefull
Will









No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think? Please Let Me Know...