Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

August 1, 2014

A Pothole Filled Road Trip: So What's New?

Took a road trip to Southfield for business last week. Something happened I knew was just a matter of time. While I am quite experienced at avoiding potholes, cracks and chunks of broken pavement in the road (all without cops stopping me for suspected drunk driving) I realized after a particularly bad bunch of holes that some significant damage had been done to my Volvo. Incidentally, my beloved Volvo is called "Miley", get it?

So here are some shots of what I experienced. Miles of crappy roads. Nothing new for Michigan of course, except for the expen$ive damage to Miley.

Nice Start Entering Southfield


Southfields Master Traffic Plan: Don't fix the intersections and traffic will naturally slow down !

Lots of these. Placed right where Both Wheels will hit it's own hole.

Some work at Ten Mile & Evergreen

Above is the only real work I saw being done in Southfield on the trip. While it's good to see something, it's really only a drop in the bucket and the vast majority of Southfield's roads are deplorable.


Every major intersection in Southfield was a repeat. More of the same. Uggh!

Well the whole trip wasn't just jarring jolts and bangs. Even though I did leave the city with significant damage to Miley, on the way home there was something pretty and relaxing to view and it was not a roadway....


Just the thing to calm my nerves after the awful roads. 

"Hi Guy. Enjoy the Clover."

That's it. Next time my road trip to Dexter, Michigan and do things change? Come back and see.


Don't forget to get your All New

"Fix Our Roads" Bumper Sticker


Just $5.00 w/free shipping for one. Our 10" X 3", 4mil vinyl stickers are easy to apply and created to withstand outdoor use. Stick them to your car, truck, or any smooth surface.
Just Go to the Bumper Stickers tab at the top of the page to order yours today!
Let the last thing a Michigan Lawmaker sees before he rear ends you, 
"FIX OUR ROADS" 
 
Drive Careful,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think? Please Let Me Know...